Welcome to Arts|Learning at Walnut Hill, Natick, Massachusetts!
Arts|Learning is the hub of arts education in Massachusetts. We support the inclusion of a complete arts education (dance, media arts, music, theatre, and visual arts) for every K-12 student in the Commonwealth. When the arts are at the center of the core curriculum, students develop the 21st-Century skills they need to lead fulfilled lives.
As a non-profit organization, A|L is the Massachusetts arts education alliance networked with 33 other state alliances through the prestigious Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. We bring years of experience and acknowledged expertise to bear on arts education, programming, services, professional development for educators, and advocacy.
For more information about Arts|Learning, click here.
Click here for directions to the Arts|Learning Offices.
- Arts|Learning and MASSCreative submit the "Arts for All" proposal to the MA Department of Higher Education, requesting an admission requirement for MA public universities of one year of high school performing, media, or visual arts!
- Learn about our upcoming Spring Symposium: Artful STEM, May 1-2, 2014, at Lesley University
- Creative Minds Unleashed! is a joint project between Arts|Learning and the MA Cultural Council. This is an e-Showcase of our state's exemplary creative and artistic student work during Youth Arts Month, March, 2014.
- Eric Oddleifson Legacy Fund launched, December, 2013!
- Congratulations to our 2013 Champions of Arts Education Advocacy Award Winners!
- View Arts|Learning-sponsored presentations at the MMEA All-State Conference, Feb 28-March 2, 2013 here.
- Read about our new Parents Unite for the Arts Project
- Creative Challenge Index released on October 18,
2012! The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary
Education has released the long-awaited report of the Commission's work
from 2011-2. See Commissioner Mitchel Chester's letter here. Click here for a copy of the Commission Report.
- Arts Assessment Project funded by Hunt Alternatives Fund! Learn how to involve your school in this work by clicking here!
- View cutting-edge arts education research presented by leading researchers on our Video Page
- Read Secretary of Education Arne Duncan's letter to schools across the United States in support of Arts Education.