Since 1984 Arts|Learning’s Networking and Advocacy Group (formerly the Massachusetts Alliance for Arts Education) has recognized individuals, organizations, institutions and businesses that exemplify excellence in arts education advocacy.
Awards are given in the following categories:
- Distinguished Arts Educator Advocate (in dance, drama, media arts, music, or visual arts)
- Kathy Tosolini Excellence in School Administration Arts Advocate
- Outstanding Parent Advocate
- Outstanding Community Arts Collaborative (in dance, drama, media arts, music, or visual arts)
- Corporate/Business Support of Arts Education
- Outstanding Student Advocate
- Schools of Distinction
- Good Neighbor
The state winners of the following award are eligible to compete for national recognition by the Kennedy Center and the National School Board Association:
The following awards are determined by the Networking and Advocacy Leadership Team (nominations are not accepted externally for these awards):
- Irene Buck Service to Arts Education
- Legislative Leadership
- Media Support for Arts Education
The following award is given by the Arts|Learning Board of Trustees:
Read about the recent past award winners.
Learn more about the submission process for award nominations for the current award cycle, including important deadlines.